Sunday, September 28, 2008






The murphey bed and cabinets are now complete. This is my newest bady so I thought I would send you some pictures. 1. Veiw of the whole unit. 2. Lower left, close up view of the detail molding (corner piece with window pain etching). 3. Lower right, cabinet door desin, again with the window pain design. It was a fun project. The real fun parts were creating the molding, all of which were our own designs (except the top crown molding) and second creating the jigs (guy thing) I used to create the project. I haven't put the folding table on the front yet. Mom wants to enjoy it the way it is for a while (I think she is nervous it will not look as good). She has told me to start on the refreshment center down stairs and to have that completed by Christmas. Fun, fun, fun.

Love, Dad

3 comments:

Josh Dahmer said...

Brian--It look fantastic! I love the color of the wood and the window pane look. One quick comment on the stand. To keep the nice look, you could always create a padded bench of some sorts that you just pull out when the bed goes down. That way, you don't have to add anything to it. Just a thought. I agree with Barb. :)

Bret said...

Dad, it looks amazing! I'm very impressed. I didn't think you'd be able to make it look as much like cabinets as you have.

Mindy Dahmer said...

Dad...sooooo impressive! We have the most incredible parents. You and Mom amaze me more each day! Love you so much!